COVID-19 Resource Center
NDC is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic with customized resources, tips, and events for deaf youth and the educators, disability services professionals, VR counselors, parents and others who support them. This webpage will be updated frequently. Please check back often, sign up for NDC newsletter and listserv emails, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for the latest updates.
Your Questions, Answered: FAQs from NDC | help team
Salesforce.com: Why Clear Masks Benefit Most People, Not Just Those With Disabilities
MindBodyGreen: How To Communicate With The Deaf Community Behind A Mask
Inside Higher Ed: Q&A with Director Stephanie Cawthon on Challenges Students With Disabilities Face During COVID-19
KXAN (NBC): COVID-19 Highlights the Importance of Interpretation Services in Health Care
Los Angeles Times: Coronavirus Poses Added Challenges for Hospital Patients Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
National Public Radio (WBUR): Disability Advocates Worry The Quick Shift to Online Learning Could Overlook Needed Accommodations
The Daily Texan: UT Austin Provides Resources to Deaf Students During Online Transition
FAQs for facemasks.
- What kind of accommodations can I consider for small group or one-on-one meetings when face masks are required?
- What kind of accommodations can I consider for classes held in-person when face masks are required?
- How can I make my own clear face mask or shield?
- How can I keep a clear face mask or shield from fogging up?
- Where can I find vendors that make clear face masks and face shields?