- What does the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) say about testing accommodations?
- What do we need to consider when evaluating requests for testing accommodations?
- What are some considerations when coordinating service providers for classes with a restricted capacity of people allowed in the classroom?
Deaf Medical Students
- Who is responsible for providing stethoscopes for deaf students?
- If a deaf medical student utilizes an interpreter or speech-to-text provider, does it impact the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) patient privacy rule?
- What community resources are available to support deaf students pursuing careers in health sciences and medical fields?
- How should schools/institutions utilize staff interpreting and speech-to-text providers when transitioning from in-person to online classes?
- Can Video Relay Services (VRS) be used in place of Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) services for live-streamed online courses?
- How can we accommodate students using speech-to-text or interpreting services during online tutoring sessions?
Speech to Text Services
Transition & Employment
Online NDC Learning
- What resources are available for teachers and students to play Deafverse?
- What is Deafverse and who can play?
- Is there a registration fee?
- Where can I find American Sign Language (ASL) classes?
- This is my first time teaching a deaf student. What should I keep in mind?
- What can families do to support their deaf teen’s mental health & well-being?
- How do I sign up to play?
- What are some tips for communicating with deaf people?