National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes: An Overview, L. Kinast; September 21, 2019
Presentation Summary: This presentation will provide a brief overview of NDC’s work at national, state, and local levels which seeks to increase postsecondary attainment of deaf people. Attendees will learn about education and employment outcomes that are the foundation for NDC’s work and resources available for parents.
Visit NDC’s booth and get data on Educational Attainment and Employment Outcomes of deaf people. Meet our team and ask questions about how families and others can leverage resources to support deaf youth in transition during and after high school.
Recommended Resources available at NDC’s booth:
- Top 8 Tips for Parents
- Infographic: Transition Planning
- Infographic: Self-Advocacy
- Supporting Deaf Youth Through Mentoring
- Vocational Rehabilitation: An Introduction
- College Readiness for Deaf Students
- Student Planning Guide: Testing and Accommodations
- Benefits of Work-Based Learning Programs for Deaf Students
- Equitable Access Guide: Understanding Legal Responsibilities for Institutions
- Deaf People and Educational Attainment in the United States
- Deaf People and Employment in the United States