What are NDC badges?
Open badges are verifiable credentials earned by participation in and completion of NDC sponsored activities. Badges are a visual representation of participant learning journeys, accomplishments, and mastery; and serve as documentation for engagement in online learning, webinars, events, and targeted activities. Badges are transferable from NDC to personal and professional online profiles.
Learners will earn one badge per activity completed. Badges reflect participation, knowledge, skills and abilities gained from specific activities. Motivational badges may also be earned to show progression, achieving milestones, accumulating experience, and rewards for completing learning pathways. Learners may collect badges in a non-linear manner or select an established pathway.
Open Badge Examples
Sample Online Learning Badge - Deaf Awareness
Sample Online Learning Badge - Accessibility Practices
Sample Systems Knowledge Badge
Sample Event Badge - Accessibility Practices
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access Badgr through Canvas?
- Does NDC offer CEUs?
- What can I do with my badge?
- How do I know if I have received a badge?
- What types of badges can you earn at NDC?
- If I get a badge, can I also get a certificate?
- How do I share my badge?
- Where are the badges stored?
- How are badges awarded to earners?
- What is an NDC Badge?
- What is Badgr? How do I use it?