- Provide online resources including training and suggested curriculums to teachers, transition specialists and Pre-ETS providers.
- Adapt in-person camps, programs, fairs and similar events to take place online through a video conferencing platform or self-paced modules.
- Incorporate regular online social hours to provide students opportunities to connect and socialize.
- Put together an online panel of deaf professional role-models to share their experiences and answer questions.
- Consider a hybrid approach by providing online work readiness training followed by in-person paid work experiences in the community incorporating safety measures such as social distancing, hand washing and face masks.
For additional resources and ideas, see NDC’s Pre-ETS page, online courses, and list of transition checklists/tools.