- Job Accommodations Network (JAN) provides free accessibility consultations with employers and people navigating various workplace scenarios.
- DeafTec’s “Working Together: Deaf and Hearing People” is an online course for employers, co-workers, HR staff and others to learn about building an inclusive work environment.
- Connect with your local Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) office for guidance on building accessibility and accommodations for deaf people in the workplace.
- The National Association of the Deaf: Employment and VR page offers information on where to find resources on accessibility initiatives.
- NDC offers specific resources for learning more about accessibility in the workplace: Resources:
- Self-Advocacy: Navigating Disclosure in the Workplace
- Deaf at Work
- Creating Access: Internships and Field Experiences
- Deaf Medical Students: Internships and Clinical Accommodations
- You may also take our free eLearning courses Deaf 101 and/or the Effective Communication Access series to learn more about working with deaf people.
Connect with us
National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes
The University of Texas at Austin
College of Education, SZB 5.110
1912 Speedway, Stop D4900 Austin, TX 78712
Phone/VP (512) 436-0144