College students are entering a new semester, and it is important for colleges to ensure campuses provide opportunities for deaf students to thrive. Student engagement is an essential part of developing supportive environments that will lead to #DeafSuccess. In this webinar, we will learn from deaf students navigating their college experiences and examine how cross-campus relationships could (or couldn’t) increase the likelihood of deaf students feeling supported and included.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand some common barriers deaf students encounter with accessing engagement opportunities on campuses.
- Gain tools to evaluate their current infrastructure.
- Learn strategies for providing deaf students opportunities for engagement on campus, and leverage campus and community resources to build partnerships that offer spaces for these meetings.
Event Details: Building Relationships: Students’ Experiences Webinar
Date and Time: Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 1:00 – 2:00 pm CT
Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Gf79ENUxQzqBP9BvynQDkQ
Note: webinar room will be open 5 minutes prior to start time.
General Information About NDC Events:
- Interpreters and real-time captioning will be provided for all events.
- For additional access requests please email: email@example.com at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Event Code of Conduct
All are invited to participate as you are, engage with our team, and connect with other participants to learn together. NDC is committed to creating a harassment-free space of learning that welcomes all participants regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, transgender status, age, body type, appearances, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), veteran or marital status, national origin, or other classification protected by law. By attending the event, you agree to abide by the event code of conduct.
NDC has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of any kind and expects all event participants will help uphold a positive experience for all. NDC reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event, in response to any incident that violates the expectations outlined above. NDC also reserves the right to prohibit participation at any future events, virtually or in person.
Participants are expected to:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that is considerate, respectful, and professional in their interactions with all present at the event.
- Refrain from conduct that is disruptive, disrespectful, disparaging, discouraging, discriminatory, or demeaning.
- Inform NDC if you notice any behavior that is not aligned with the conduct expectation outlined above.
- Seek assistance from NDC staff at the event or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.